October 10, 2012

Burning Wheel

I think I've got it all figured out. I was listening to this song-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRtNN6VvncA&feature=related

- when I got a really good idea.

The Drahn have a god-figure of sorts. It's the concept of an all-powerful object or being which when prayed to, gives them water. Well, the EMPIRE are complete dicks, so they took the stone idol and left the rest of the shrine to crack in the sun.

It's a circle with a wedge-shaped piece inserted in the side. Looks like this, but made out of stone:

That bit in the bottom is Hellhammer. The EMPIRE thinks they can weaponize it as a dehydrator weapon- something incredibly useful on desert planets.

This barely changes the plot- the players can find the shrine to the ring, and notice the bit at the bottom is missing. It also talks to them. "Machine, god, machine god... Does it matter? I restore water to the faithful insects, as I need a piece of myself restored to me."

The endings are as follows:

-Reconnecting the wheel will bring water back to the water table beneath the Drahn colonies, but strand the players on OHS-817 (still hilarious) forever.
-If the players hold Hellhammer hostage, the EMPIRE will finally get them a shuttle off the planet.
-If the players shoot Hellhammer out of the artillery piece, it will punch a hole in the debris cloud big enough and long enough for the Brahma to pick them up.
-If the players destroy Hellhammer... Well, they can't. It's made out of the invincible alien stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment