February 19, 2013

My design strategy

Something simple this time. I thought about putting it in Bite-sized thoughts 3, but I want this to be a little more visible.

If you take a story (fiction, of course) and break it down to its most basic form, it's ridiculous.

  • A midget and his friends must destroy the most evil piece of jewelry in the world
  • Four kids enter a wardrobe, trip balls, and see a lion
Some liberties may have been taken in these summaries.

This effect can be reversed. Start with something completely ridiculous, then play it straight-faced. I'm not going to toot my own horn on this one, instead I'm going to let you look at what I've posted and theorized, and let you make up your own opinions.

Things will start to get really weird once I get into the Spectrum RPG. Until then, Sunburn shows this design philosophy slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment