April 1, 2013

Finishing Sunburn - 1/5

I'm going to finish Sunburn by the end of this week. This is the first part of a journal to document its completion.

I've finished the interior maps. Tomorrow I'll add population, and the 3 days after are dedicated to testing.

Now, little updates (less than 140 characters, even) don't make for very good content. Neither do apologies about updates. So, I'll try to give some forecasts about future content.

For example, I came up with an idea for how to finish RP and RPG campaigns. First, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6j-W7bOV54

I like how Fallout, at the end of a game, tells the player how their actions have affected the world they played through. That clip wasn't even from the main game- that one goes on for about ten minutes. But, it's a really nice touch for the players to be able to reminisce about all they did.

I decided to take it one step further- I'd let the players read it. I'll hand out a little notecard, one for each prominent event, and let them take turns reading them. Then, I'd read the last one. It sounds like it could be really epic, or faceplant completely. Depends how much energy they have. We'll see.

I'm Mark, and I'm a guy. I do things.

No comments:

Post a Comment