October 16, 2012

Map


I can hardly think of a better place to get dehydrated and potentially die.

Players' crash-site is as the bottom-left, it's the tan pockmark in the ground. East by northeast is the Water Treatent plant. Then Burning Wheel. Then Landing Zone Then the Drahn caves. And then, at the very top, the Hellhammer crater.

I admit that I was thinking about more of a sandboxy atmosphere- more Fallout style, with players "accidentally" finding places on the transit between two points. But I'm not sure how I feel about that now.

Assuming the Burning Wheel is guarded, there are 4 definite EMPIRE fights- not bad. Plus random encounters, I think we can really expect things to get... interesting. I'll make a few maps for the random encounters- just dunes. And both sides roll to see which compass direction they start on. It's not pretty, but This Is Sunburn!!! (bonus points if you Sparta'd that)

Short, sweet, and to the point. Now I just have to make maps for all 3 bunkers... Ugh. Ugggghhhhhhhhh... I'll probably put them together from a side view, then make the individual rooms. Looks more official, and gives the players an enhanced... depth of what they're getting into. Pardon the pun.

As always, more later. I think I'm not going to change the map from here.

One idea I had for the next campaign is zombies. A little cliched, but I think I can pull it. Especially if it's Jericho style, with a small mid-western town (I'm thinking Arkansas) and a biker gang. And an angry black woman, coming to grips with her identity. Oh yes. Lorraine lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment